Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Katie's Wedding Flowers

So on Saturday night my friend Katie got married in the beautiful Landis Valley Museum. I must begin by saying that this was one of my favorite weddings that I have ever attended. It was in a great location, the set up was beautiful, the bride was gorgeous and the whole thing was very Christ centered. The flowers were all very natural and set around the ceremony and reception in really interesting containers. Giant hydrangea were added to the grapevine and white lights that surrounded the trellis the couple was married under. The father of the bride did all the decorative flowers, which is a huge money saver but also added to the more personal feel of the wedding. Katie carried a huge bouquet of sunflowers and wildflowers made up the boutonnieres and bridesmaids bouquets. I took a  lot of pictures that night but here are a few of my favorites.

Ceremony set up in the Firehouse

Different bottles make great vases

Snap dragons
 Buckets of flowers were placed at the end of every other row of chairs along the aisles. By using the same type of flowers in each container a look of abundance is created.
Baby's Breath
Beautiful Katie walking in with her sunflower bouquet.

Centerpieces at my table.
 Using a mix of buckets, fun containers and old books really gave this reception a personal feel; capturing the personalities of the bride and groom. I was told all of the different containers were found at a local farmer's market in Lancaster; I always love being able to help support the local economy.
I love the small green bottle; the mother of the bride actually let me take it home!


Head table

Wildflower Bridesmaid Bouquet
Katie's Bouquet with the K.

One of the groomsmen boutonnieres



Watering cans make a great way to display flowers



Another cute watering can on the guest book table
 Hope you thought of some new way to display flowers and create centerpieces!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the wedding pictures! Wish I could have been there. Oh and who knew Mr. E could do such a beautiful job on the flowers. I love how they're so perfectly Katie!

    ReplyDelete