Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Phipps Fall Flower Show 2011

The past two  Sundays I went to the Phipps Fall Flower Show, once by myself when it was super crowded  and then again with my friend Laura for  the last day of the exhibit. If you missed it then you can still see some of the mums as they transition for the Holiday display which officially starts the day after Thanksgiving. Throughout the week I am going to try to create posts about each of the rooms that was transformed for the Fall flower show.
The first room that you see when you enter is the Palm court and it was covered in light purple mums. I had never seen mums this color before so it was exciting to see something different from the standard yellow and orange that you normally see throughout the fall.

So for those of you who are still trying to hold onto the Autumn spirit, even with all of this Christmas decorating going on, this week of posts is for you!

Purple mums fill the flower beds that surround the center of the court.


I think this arrangement gives mum more of a formal look which they often lack.

It really bugs me how the pots of mums are not evenly spread out behind the bench; very tempted to move them.

Close up of an urn with mums. Behind standing tall are disbud mums.


For more on Phipps Conservatory click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment