Friday, November 11, 2011

Room All In Red

 My favorite room at Phipps Conservatory is the Sunken Garden, mainly because I like the element of water and fountains that are displayed in the middle. During the fall show this room was decorated completely with crimson red mums, again in a variety of shapes and sizes. I'd say that I've seen this room decorated better in some shows but also decorated worse, so this installation is about somewhere in the middle. Even though there wasn't a huge play on shapes and groupings of flowers I did enjoy the color that they chose.

When you first walk in you see a line of disbud mums hiding the fountains.

Side view of the sunken garden. I like the saplings they have planted. 

Close up of one of the fountains

variety of red flowers

Spray mums

For more information about Phipps Conservatory

1 comment:

  1. Jess this is beautiful! I love your capturings of the disbud mums!!

    ReplyDelete