Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall Rainbow

Part two of my posts about the Phipps Conservatory Fall Flower Show 2011.
If you follow the path around the Palm Court to the right (as you are supposed to do) the first room you come to is the Serpentine Room. The pond and pergolas are still up from the Reusable Art exhibit but a variety of mums have been planted to form a rainbow of fall colors. The room starts with a bright yellow, then to a burnt orange and finally a deep red. The pictures below give a better idea than what I can describe.
There were a lot of people there so it was hard to get a good shot of the whole room. 
The pond when you first walk in.

Close up of a yellow disbud mum. I really enjoyed this variety of mum.
Orange section


Spray mum

pergola with fire pit and orange mums

reddish disbud mums

close up of disbud mum petals

scarlet colored

end pergola with deep red mums



For more information about Phipps Conservatory clickhere!

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos, Jess! I'm so glad we had the opportunity to see this exhibit together. :-) Can't wait 'til Christmas and all the festive flowers to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Laura! I know I'm super excited for the Christmas exhibit, it's always my favorite:)

    ReplyDelete