Monday, November 14, 2011

Spring Colors with Fall Flowers

So here is another post about the Fall Flower Show at Phipps Conservatory.

The Broderie room is what I like to think of as the wedding room since there is a sign inside that gives a contact number for anyone that wants to get married at Phipps. You can only walk in the front part of the room and look at the parterre designs that lead to the three goddess statues that are along the back wall. The official wishing well is also located in this room and for the first time I actually noticed the intricate metal working on the top which I often over look in favor of the large basket of flowers hanging from the well.
For this flower show the room was decked out in white and light purple/pink mums. I thought it was gorgeous and very bridal looking but not what I would think of as fall.

Here are some pictures so you can make decisions on whether this display is really fall or more spring.

The parterre design shape is constant in the room but what goes inside always changes.

Three goddesses

The goddess on the far right is holding a mandolin I believe or maybe a lute?
Close up of the center urn

white mum
wishing well
I always throw a coin in but the wish is always secret!
click here for more information about Phipps Conservatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment