Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pittsburgh Spring

Crab Apple Blossoms

So spring has decided to come early here in Pittsburgh which I am certainly not complaining about. The daffodils and crocuses are spreading their petals and the trees are covered in lovely blooms. While walking to class this afternoon I stopped to take some pictures of the lovely signs of spring. I really the like contrast of the beautiful flowers and trees against the architecture of the city.


Flowering white crab apple tree in front of Bellfield Towers

Magnolia Tree and Heinz Chapel


Redbud tree outside of Bellfield Hall.

 I couldn't decide which of the two close ups I liked better, so I decided to put up both.


Outside of the Carnegie Museum of Natural History and Art

Love the arching of the trees

Can't believe I am in the middle of the city.



Cathedral of Learning and Stephen Foster Memorial with beds of daffodils in Schenley Plaza.


Magnolia and cherry trees on the lawn of the William Pitt Union

Magnificent Magnolia

Upside Down Cherry Tree
I hope this encourages you take a walk outside and take in the beauty and warmth of spring in your own neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment