Saturday, January 14, 2012

Snow Covered Trails

So winter has finally settled in Pittsburgh the last few days with snow coming down every few hours. I decided to go walk the trails in Frick Park in order to document the beautiful change in season. Although there wasn't any green at all, the park still looked beautiful with snow covered branches and iced over streams. This was my first time walking these trails in the winter and it is amazing to see how things change but are oddly the same when all you see are the exposed bones of the park. I encourage everyone to bundle up and head outside to take part in seeing the wonderful beauty in a winter park.
Bridge over a small stream
Trees arching over the trail

The water froze coming over the rocks

I love how this tree is just hanging out in the middle of space

Exposed roots
Frozen tree branch in the pond

Some plant life was still flourishing

Right after I took this picture a deer jumped across the trial 10 feet in front of me.
Twisted steps leading the way out of the park

No comments:

Post a Comment