Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Orchid and Bonsai Exhibit 2011

So the 2012 Orchid and Bonsai exhibit opened on Saturday at Phipps Conservatory and I can't wait to go and see if what they have compares to last years exhibit. I must admit that I probably saw last years show at least 10 times since it was during the time I was studying for a large comprehensive exam. I would go inside and study among the flowers where it was peaceful and warm from the cold winter weather; I also get in for free so that helped.
In anticipation of the current show I decided to look up my pictures from last year and share a few (or more than a few) of my favorites.


This picture actually became my laptop desktop background for awhile.

Striking colors on this Phalaenopis Orchid.
Close up of the petals


Love the dainty orchid buds

These looked tie-dyed. Phalaenopis Orchids


Paphiopedilum rothschildianum. Lady Slipper Orchid. This is my favorite.
The sunken garden filled with vases and urns of orchids.

Love this statue
Umbrella Tree

Natal Plum. it actually had a small fruit on it.

Chinese Banyan
Can't wait to go to the 2012 exhibit to see how it compares.

Phipps Conservatory

No comments:

Post a Comment