Monday, December 5, 2011

Unexpected Surprises

So here a few things that I found at the Christmas Show that don't fit into any real theme that I want to post about so I decided to throw them all together here.
The first are some pictures of the front of Phipps. I got there at 8:30am so there was still frost on the ground. I learned that conservatory doesn't open until 9:30 during the week so I came back later but I'm glad I got these pictures first. 
The front of Phipps at 8:30am with frost on the ground. 




Light post with Christmas wreath.


The frost on the ground adds a new layer of color, white, green and red.

Close up of the dome with the wreath and garlands.
 The next are a few new surprises from within the Orchid room. I'll have a whole post of Orchids in the future since I have hundreds of pictures of them on my computer but here are a few new things I saw.
A small terrirum. I think this is because the display case of miniature orchids is still not back in circulation.


                          This is one of my favorite types of orchids but the fist time I saw it in this coloring.                      Paphiopedlium Leeanum

 These window boxes were just sitting in the little entry way between the Palm Court and the train set up and they are one of my favorite things I saw.
I love the look if the iron window casing with the flowers.




Amaryllis, 2 types of Poinsettia and Varigated English Ivy.

 Phipps Conservatory

1 comment:

  1. You are on a roll. These are beautiful. Oh and I have come to LOVE orchids :)

    ReplyDelete