Thursday, October 27, 2011

Campfire and Jack-o-Lantern

Halloween is almost here! This past Saturday night I went to a Pittsburgh Young Adulst (PYA) event in South Fayette where we had a harvest party. There was a costume contest (I was a black cat), hayrides in the dark, lots of yummy fall food, pumpkin carving and a large campfire. I enjoyed being able to get out of the city for the night and re-connect with nature; especially seeing some stars! Since it was dark by the time I got there, I didn't get any pictures of the great property. I did get some cool pictures of the fire and of my jack-o-latern when I got home, I named him Pumpkin Pete.
If you live in the city hopefully you will get some time to head out to the suburbs or country to see the stars this fall before the freezing cold really sets in.




Campfire: The front log looks like a wishbone




Pumpkin Pete




Glowing in the dark


Now he looks like he is wearing a hat


Candle inside

 For more information about Pittsburgh Young Adults click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment