Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tulips Around Town

Outside of the UCP in Oakland

This spring tulips have been the major trend when it comes to designing a front yard. Walking and driving through the city I noticed tulips everywhere; in front of large houses, apartment complexes and churches. Whenever I would go by a particularly well kept lawn or interesting display of tulips I just had to snap a picture. Some used a variety of tulip colors while others made striking displays with just one type of tulip. Since I didn't want to look like a creeper, I didn't spend more than a minute in front of any house nor are there many close ups since I didn't want to step on anyone's property. Here are pictures of some of my favorite front yards around Shadyside, Oakland and Squirrel Hill.

 The pictures above and below are from the outside of an apartment complex in Oakland.



Front yard of a house in Shadyside. They had  tulips in a horseshoe around the lawn.


This display used only white tulips which I think looked very classy in front of this gorgeous Shadyside house.

I love how this home in Shadyside surrounded their sculpture with bright tulips.



The front entrance of a grand house in Squirell Hill. I really like how they lined the hedges with tulips.

The right side was a mixture of bright colored tulips.

More feathery tulips in soft colors were along the left hedge,

This blue ranch style house in Squirrel Hill displayed lots of color in their spring flowered lawn.

Close up of all the gorgeous tulips and pansies.


This house in Squirrel Hill had a fountain in the center of their display.

Red, white and yellow tulips lined the entire lawn and look great under the blossoming cherry tree.


Just a small row of tulips add a punch of color outside of the Newman Center in Oakland.

What favorite lawn displays have you noticed in the city?

No comments:

Post a Comment